Thursday, July 31, 2008

Brothers & Sisters

Customer Review: A nice edition to your Coldplay library.
Well, here's Coldplay's first release or you. It is quite enjoyable and has much in common with their first album in way of lyrical themes and overall sound. I find it a bit curious that none of these songs found their way onto CP's first record. They would have been better served and more appreciated there, but just as well. These are very good songs at a very fair price. So enjoy!
Customer Review: Own it before its no longer available
Its short but ColdPlay rocks and I own them all.


Many years ago my husband and I would often go to parties. We weren't Christians back then, so in our opinion, we considered that music had the sole purpose of being danced to.

We would dance a lot. But sometimes the disk jockey would get caught up in a certain kind of music we disliked. So we left the dance floor and we'd wait for our favorite music to play again.

Sometimes my husband would kindly request the disk jockey to play some favorite song of ours, or a special kind of music to dance to. And off we'd go again a'swinging and a'dancing.

Okay, but what has that got to do with self-directed learning? More than you think.

You see, the other day I heard somebody make a frustrating exclamation about his life, "They play the music and I have to dance to it."

Inevitably I had to ask myself, "Whose music am I dancing to?"

Immediately I realized that there are so many of us who are dancing to another's song.

You try to move and sway to the rhythm, but it doesn't come from the heart. You just go through the motions. Everybody else seems to be happily dancing, but you just cannot manage to tune in.

It's not your song.

We all have a unique song in our heart. A song God put there. And He specially designed and created us to dance to that particular song.

It is a song that would keep us on the dance floor forever. We'd never get tired of it. Because it is so deeply rooted in our innermost being. It is our passion, our dream.

Whether we choose to listen to it or not, that song will always be pulling at our hearts. Calling us to dance.

Today I want to ask you, "Whose music are you dancing to?"

Are you gong with the flow, or are you passionately pursuing the dreams God put in your heart? I'd like to invite you to go for it! Visit http://www.Self-DirectedLearningForSuccess.com for tips and tools for creating and growing in your own learning process. Learn how to teach yourself in my FREE e-book: "The Power of Self-Directed Learning", and my FREE e-course: "Seven Steps to Consistently Change Your Life."

From Bettina Langerfeldt, who teaches people how to pursue their God-given gifts and talents by designing their own education with self-directed learning.

2008 Freedompioneer

80's dance music

No comments: