Tuesday, July 22, 2008

De Colores and Other Latin American Folksongs for Children (Anthology)

Bursting with color and spirit, this collection of Latin-American songs is a tribute to Latino culture. From traditional tunes to rhymes and hand games, De Colores has songs for all occasions and moods. Each song is accompanied by simple musical arrangements, with lyrics in both English and Spanish. Slightly abridged from the original edition, this is ideal for classroom use, multicultural studies, or just plain fun.

"Rich and resonant." --Booklist
Customer Review: My boys love this book.
This is a wonderful book of popular songs in Spanish, which my triplet boys latched onto immediately. The songs are very engaging, and each page has lovely artwork. I speak Spanish, and my boys were born in Spain. I have been trying very hard to help them maintain a little Spanish, and this book has been very helpful. It doesn't come with a CD, but you can easily learn the tunes of the songs if you know how to read music. And even if you only speak rudimentary Spanish, I think it's possible to learn the songs and enjoy them. This book quickly became the boys' favorite bedtime routine. I hear them singing the songs during the day as well. I highly recommend it.
Customer Review: Great book
I love the colorful pictures in this book and that it has music to all of the songs. It is a wonderful book and my baby loves when I sing to him!


Do you ever remember your folks or grandparents telling you; "it takes two to tango," meaning that there must be more to the story and more fault of the circumstance to spread around. Often, it was a notification that they were not buying the total story and that the blame ought to be spread around a little bit more. Well, the other day, I got thrown out of McDonalds; why you ask?

Well for food-fighting, but I swear that the guy threw nothing back at me, indeed, the manager did not buy it, and threw us both out. Boy was that guy mad at me, I started and he never threw anything back at me, but the manager throws us both out and said; "It takes two to tango!"

Indeed, it usually takes two to tango, but in reality it was not a food-fight anyway, as the gentleman was simply reading his newspaper and never responded. Now that is a funny true story, but have you ever wondered why it takes two to tango? Let me recommend a book that is quite good and will completely clear this up for you:

"Gotta Tango" by Alberto Paz and Valorie Hart - 2004

This is a really cool book which will teach you dance the Tango in true Argentina style and it comes with a music DVD with music to assist you in feeling the moment. The book is full of subtle tricks to create passion, emotion, and sexy alluring moves. You will be blown away as to just how good you can get using this book. Are you looking for pure romance and learning expert style in the Tango? Look no further, this is it.

"Lance Winslow" - Online Blog Content Service. If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance; http://www.WorldThinkTank.net/. Lance Winslow's Bio

best salsa music

No comments: