Monday, July 14, 2008

Sweatshirt Navy Blue " Usa Latin Rap " Music

This is a great sweatshirt. Great gift. All TopExpressions products are made under strict quality controls. 100% cotton, weight aprox 25oz.


My parents, especially my mother was always listening to music when I was younger. So from a very young age I developed a love for all types of music: rock, folk, country, Celtic. My Mom is a big fan of 50s and 60s rock, so there was a lot of that played around the house. And while I liked most of it, some of it I couldn't stand. Yet, I find myself appreciating those songs and artists that I would never listen to when I was younger.

American Pie by Don McLean is considered one the greatest songs written. IT wasn't until I hit my late 20s that I liked this song. When I was younger, it drove me nuts. The lyrics, the melody, the change in tempo - I hated it all. I honestly don't think I had heard the full version on till I was around 28. Now, I have no idea what I found so wrong about the song. I like it today and when it comes on the radio I often find myself pausing to listen to the lyrics.

Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen are two artists that I could never stomach. But as I learned more about music, I felt that they were both singer songwriters that I should like. People always raved about them. I just didn't get it. Neither could sing worth a dime and their lyrics were often convoluted and very dry. While I still don't think that either has the best voice, I appreciate both, even owning a Leonard Cohen cd.

I think as we get older, our musical interests can change because we start to seek something different in our music than we did when we were younger. For me, I was very much all about the beat when I was younger, preferring pop and dance artist. As I enter my mid to late teens I started branching out in my musical interests.

Now, in my mid 30s I still like a song with a good beat but I think I now know that I can appreciate an artist and their talent without being in love with them.

This article was provided by Ringtones Factory. Visit Ringtones Factory for the best free ringtones on the web

80's dance music

No comments: